BPSC Prelims Question Paper and Solution for SET – A
131. Which of the following is a Harappan port?
132. The Gupta emperor who defeated the ‘Hunas’ was
(B) Chandragupta II
133. What is the name of Kalhana’s book?
134. Which inscription tells about the various achievements of Rudradaman I?
135. Who was the first ruler of the Slave dynasty?
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak (B) Iltutmish
136. Who was the ruler of Devgiri at the time of Alauddin Khalji’s invasion?
(A) Prataprudra bev (B) Ramchandra Dev (C) Malik Kafoor
(D) Rana Ratan Singh
137. Who of the following Muslim rulers abolished the pilgrimage tax?
(A) Bahalol Lodi (B) Sher Shah (C) Humayun (D) Akbar
138. What was ‘Dar-ul-Shafa’ established by Firoz Tughlaq?
(A) An alms house
(B) A free hospital
(C) A library
(D) A guesthouse for pilgrims
139. The ‘Permanent Settlement’ was made with
(B) village communities (C) Muqaddamas
140. Who was the founder of ‘Prarthana Samaj?
(A) Atmaram Panduranga (B) Tilak
(C) Annie Besant
(D) Rasbihari Ghosh
141. Who was the father of Indian Renaissance?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Dayananda Saraswati
(D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
142. ‘Swaraj Dal’ was founded by
(A) Tilak and Chittaranjan Das
(B) Gandhi and Motilal Nehru
(C) Gandhi and Tilak
(D) Chittaranjan Das and Motilal Nehru
143. Who founded the ‘Theosophical Society’?
(A) Madame H, P. Blavatsky (B) Raja Ram Mohan Roy (C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Swami Vivekananda
144. Which one of the following books was written by Tilak?
(A) India in Transition
(B) Gita Rahasya
(C) Gokhale-My Political Guru (D) Discovery of India
145. Where was Mahaveer Swami born?
(A) Kundagram (B) Pataliputra (C) Magadh
146. Where did Mahatma Buddha’s ‘Mahaparinirvan’ take place?
(B) Bodh Gaya
147. At which place did Mahatma Buddha give his first ‘Dharmachakrapravartan ‘?
148. What was the early capital of Magadh?
(C) Rajagriha (Girivraja)
149. What was the name of the dynasty of Ajatshatru?
150. The Third Buddhist Council was convented at
(C) Bodh Gaya
Check Answer of SET A : Here
* Answer in Red