20. Which one is not located on National Highway-2 (NH-2)?
21. Congress passed the ‘Swaraj’ resolution in the year 1905. The purpose of the resolution was
(A) right to make a constitution for themselves but it was not done
(B) to secure self-rule
(C) responsible government
22. The Provincial were constituted Act of Governments under the
23. The Indian comprises of Constitution
(A) 395 Articles, 22 Parts and 12 Schedules
(B) 371 Articles, 21 Parts and 11 Schedules
(C) 372 Articles, 20 Parts and 7 Schedules
(D) 381 Articles, 23 Parts and 8 Schedules
24. The Rajya Sabha consists of
(A) 280 members of which 20 members are nominated by the President of India
(B) 275 members of which 18 members are nominated by the President of India
(C) 250 members of which 12 members are nominated by the President of India
(D) 252 members of which 12 members are nominated by the President of India
25. January 26 was selected as the date for the inauguration of the Constitution, because
(A) the Congress had observed it as the Independence Day in 1930
(B) on that day the Quit India Movement was started in 1942
(C) it was considered to be an auspicious day
(D) None of the above
26. The Public Accounts Committee submits its report to
(A) the Comptroller and Auditor General
(B) the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(C) the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
(D) the President of India
27. Of the following statements, which one is not correct?
(A) The Rajya Sabha is powerless in money matter
(B) Money Bills originate in the Rajya Sabha
(C) The Rajya Sabha has to pass Bills within 14 days after they are passed by the Lok Sabha
(D) The Rajya Sabha may pass or return the Money Bill with some recommendations to the Lok Sabha
28. Which of the following rights conferred by the Constitution of India is also available to non-citizens?
(A) Right to constitutional remedies
(B) Freedom to speech
(C) Freedom to move and settle in any part of the country
(D) Freedom to acquire property
29. Who is the head of the National Defence Committee?
(A) Home Minister
(B) Prime Minister
30. ‘National Emergency’ may be declared by the President of India in line with
(A) Article 352
(B) Article 370
(C) Article 371
(D) Article 395
31. Of the following statements, which one is not correct?
(A) Supreme Court was constituted in 1950
(B) Supreme Court is the highest court of appeal in the country
(C) Supreme Court can hear from any High Court/Tribunals except from Court-martial
(D) Supreme Court can hear from any High Court/ Tribunals as well as from Court-martial
32. Who is the constitutional head of the State Governments?
(A) Chief Minister
(D) High Court Judge
33. Commercial sources of energy purely consist of
(A) power, coal, oil, gas, hydro-electricity and uranium
(B) coal, oil, firewood, vegetable waste and agricultural waste
(C) power, coal, animal dung and firewood
(D) coal, gas, oil and firewood
34. In India, per capita consumption of energy in 1994 was
(A) 300 kg of oil equivalent
(B) 360 kg of oil equivalent
(C) 243 kg of oil equivalent
(D) 343 kg of oil equivalent
35. When did the first oil crisis/ energy crisis occur in India?
(A) During 1950’s and 1960’s
(B) During 1930’s and 1940’s
(C) During 1990’s and 2000’s
(D) During 1970’s and 1980’s
36. Consider the following reasons for financial sickness of State Electricity Boards (SEBs) in India:
I. Sale of power to agricultural and domestic consumers below the cost of production
II. Transmission and distribution losses are very high
III. Lack of commercial autonomy for SEBs
IV. State Governments have implemented social subsidy policies through SEBs
37. Which of the above are correct?
(A) I, II and III
(B) I, II, III and IV
(C) I, III and IV
(D) II, III and IV
37. Which type of economy does India have?
38. When was ‘Speed Post Service’ launched by the Indian Postal Department as competition to the ‘Courier Service’?
39. We witnessed the first telephones in India in which year?
40. Consider the following problems being faced by the Indian Coal Industry :
I. Poor quali ty of coal and bottlenecks m the coal movement
II. Low utilisation capacity of washeries
III. Growing dependence on the import of coking coal
IV. Administered prices
Which of the above are correct?
(A) II, III and IV
(B) I, II, III and IV
(C) I, III and IV
(D) I, II and III