101. Who among the following is the winner of the Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Peace and Reconciliation, 2009?
(A) Yukia Amano
(B) Aung San Suu Kyi (C) Bill Gates
(D) Hillary Clinton
102. ‘Durand Cup’ is associated with the game of
(A) football (B) polo
(C) cricket (D) hockey
103. For which word, the letter ‘G’ has been used in ‘2G Spectrum’?
(B) Government (C) Generation (D) Google
104. Former Central Minister for Communication and Information Technology, Mr. A. Raja belongs to which of the following parties?
(A) Congress (B) BJP
(C) Communist Party of India (D) DMK
105. Which one of the following numbered Rajdhani trains covers the longest distance?
(A) 12429 Bangalore City Junction
(B) 12431 Trivandrum Central (C) 12433 Chennai Central
(D) 12435 Dibrugarh Town
106. What is the minimum age of a person whose photographing, fingerprinting and iris mapping will be done for the Census of 2011?
(A) 12 years (B) 15 years (C) 18 years (D) 21 years
107. The Union Cabinet, on August 2010, decided to form institutes like the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in which six States?
(A) Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand
(B) Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Kerala, Gujarat
(C) Bihar, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra
(D) Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Assam
108. Which was reported the richest party according to the ‘National Election Watch’ on August 2010?
(C) Socialist Party (D) Congress
109. Which party-wise performance is correct for Bihar Assembly Elections, 2010 in comparison to the elections of 2005?
JDU BJP RJD WP CONG OTHERS
(A) +40 +25 -30 -10 -7 -19
(B) +25 +34 -20 -5 -3 -11
(C) +27 +36 -32 -7 -5 -19
(D) + 17 +46 -15 -10 -10 -10
110. Till 2010, which State Governments have provided 50 percent reservation for women in local bodies?
(A) Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan
(B) Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh
(C) Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala
(D) Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
111. ‘AVAHAN’, the Indian segment of ‘Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’, is engaged in the prevention of
(C) HIV / AIDS
112. A recently held underwater meeting has drawn attention world over. The meeting was held by
(A) Some Somali pirates to make a new strategy for capturing ships for ransom
(B) Some environmental scientists for promoting awareness for saving water
(C) some activists environmental awareness for promoting against air pollution
(D) The cabinet of a country to highlight the threat of rising sea level for any country
113. Which one of the following cities is not located on the bank of river Ganga?
114. Which one of the following is a human right as well as a fundamental right under the Constitution of India?
(A) Right to Information
(B) Right to Work
(C) Right to Education
(D) Right to Housing
115. The time at Cairo is 2 hours ahead of Greenwich. Hence, it is located at
(A) 30° W longitude
(B) 30° E longitude
(C) 28° E longitude
(D) 28° W longitude
116. The headquarters of International Court of Justice is at
(B) New York
117. In the world’s best countries’ list, compiled by the reputed ‘News Week’
magazine in 2010, the first position went to Finland.
What was the rank of India?
(A) 17 (B) 48
(C) 66 (D) 78
118. Which university was ranked first in the list of ‘2010 Academic Rankings of the World Universities ‘?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
(B) Cambridge University, Britain
(C) Harvard University, USA
(D) Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
119. Which date is known as ‘Diabetes Day’?
(A) 14th February
(B) 14th May
(C) 14th September
(D) 14th November
120. In which country, Ms. Julia Gillard was made the first woman Prime Minister in the year 2010?