Current Affairs Daily News & GK Updates – 08th October 2017
Know what’s happening in the world on Dated 08th October 2017. Daily news updates for various competitive examination like IPSC, SSC, IBPS, Railways or any other government exams. Daily news update are in short with analysis for your references.
Daily News Updates – 08th October 2017
1. UN ends 13-year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti
Finally United Nation has ended the 13-year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti
2. The government reduced GST rates on 27 products and services and introduced a 0.1% GST rate
GST rates are reduced for merchant exporters, offering relief from the full-applicable GST rates on their procurement. GST on products like sliced dried mangoes, khakhra, plain chapattis is reduced to 5% from 12%, and services like zari work are down from 12% to 5%.
3. The Indian Air Force (IAF) is celebrating its 85th anniversary on 08th October 2017.
The celebrations would be marked by a stellar show in the skies by various aircraft at the Hindon Air Force Station in Ghaziabad. President Ram Nath Kovind has greeted the Indian Air Force on its 85th Anniversary. Air-force used AKASH GANGA Team with AN-32 aircraft for displaying.
4. Vijaya Bank has signed MoU with HPCL for digital payments with UPI based BHIM apps.
5. RBI imposes restrictions banking business on Oriental Bank of Commerce
This is the seventh Public sector bank among 21 banks which is brought under prompt corrective action or PCA. Under this certain restriction are imposed on bank board to take decision including staff hiring, Big corporate loans etc. PCA was imposed as Oriental Bank of Commerce which has suffered huge losses due to sharp rise in bad loan. Other banks includes Dena Bank, Central Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and UCO Bank.
6. Filmmaker Kundan Shah passes away
7. Coffee output in India is pegged to be a record 3.50 lakh tonnes in the 2017-18
Karnataka is the largest producer of coffee in India. The government of India established the ‘Coffee Board’ through a constitutional act “Coffee Act VII of 1942” under the administrative control of Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for Bhadbhut Barrage to be built over Narmada River in Bharuch Gujarat.
9. President Ram Nath Kovind has launched 100 crore rupees Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project “Jeevamritham “to provide the filtration system for cleaning drinking water to 5000 villages across India.
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is to launch a financial literacy drive in 80 blocks in nine states on the pilot basis to educate people on e-transactions, formal sector borrowings and insurance purchases.