(a) Dennis (b) Garfield (c) Tom and Jerry (d) Peanuts
3. The South Asian Travel and Tourism Exchange Conference was held at which of the following places?
(a) Chennai (b) Tokyo (c) Bangalore (d) Delhi
4. Name the newly launched entertainment robot of Sony:
(a) Alfa Roman (b) Multipla (c) Robio (d) Flatirm
5. Name the company planning to introduce Genetically Modified Mustard seeds in India?
(a) Maharashtra Hybrid Seed Corporation (b) Proagro (c) Bt. Must (d) None of these
6. The biggest textile fair of Asia known as Hemi textile was held in:
(a) Japan (b) India (c) Sri Lanka (d) Indonesia
7. Name the first Internet company to figure in annual fortune 500:
(a) Satyam (b) Arzoo (c) AOL (d) Infi
8. Name the first American President who modelled for Van Huesan Shirts:
(a) Jimmy Carter (b) Ronald Reagan (c) George Bush (d) William J. Clinton
9. Name the first bank to launch a card especially for doctors in India:
(a) Punjab National Bank (b) Dena Bank (c) State Bank of India(d) IOB
10. “Smooth as Silk” is a punchline used by _____ airline:
(a) Singapore (b) Thai (c) Quantas (d) Cathay Pacific
11. Who has authored the book ‘Beyond the Last Blue Mountain’?
(a) Swaraj Paul (b) Ajit Haksar (c) Anil Ambani (d) JRD Tata
12. Who among the following has founded the organization ‘World Economic Forum’?
(a) Klaus Schwab (b) William J. Clinton (c) Amartya Sen and Mehboob Haq (d) All of these
13. The new name of Jardine Matheson and Waffoong is:
(a) ANZ Grindley (b) Standard Chartered (c) Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (d) Vyasa Bank
14. Which home appliance company has introduced the concept of hire and purchase?
(a) Singer Sewing Machine (b) Usha home appliances (c) Inalsa (d) Bajaj home appliances
15. Name the Parle Brand that takes Britannia’s 50-50 biscuits:
(a) Monaco (b) Krack Jack (c) Parle-G (d) None of these
16. Name the trade organization founded by G.D. Birla and Purshottam Thakur in 1927:
(a) CII (b) PhdCC (c) Assoc ham (d) FICCI
17. Name the car brand of GM named after the founder of Detroit:
(a) Rolls Royce (b) Hamriza (c) Cadillac (d) None of the above
18. FiFi awards are given in_____industry:
(a) Film (b) Home Appliances (c) Automobiles (d) Perfumes
19. In which year the first insurance company ‘The Calcutta Insurance’ was established in India?
(a) 1758 (b) 1798 (c) 1768 (d) 1788
20. Name the Indo-US joint venture life insurance company which launched its operation in India in April 2001:
(a) ICICI Prudential (b) Bajaj Alliance (c) Max Life New York (d) All of the above
21. Through school quiz, Nestle company is promoting a brand known as:
(a) Bournvita (b) Maggie (c) Soyabisc (d) All of these
22. Which corporation now owns the brand Rolls Royce?
(a) GM (b) BMW (c) Daewoo(d) None of the above
23. ‘Transporting Goods, transforming lives’ is the adline of:
(a) Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. (b) Stock Holding Corporation of India (c) State Bank of India (d) Container Corporation of India
24. Which international company’s logo is made up of exactly 42 dots?
(a) Max (b) Sony (c) Videocon (d) Whirlpool
25. International Advertising film festival is organized annually at:
(a)Shanghai (b) Washington (c)Cannes(d) Paris
26. Name the official sponsor of French open tennis championship:
(a) Nike de Paris (b) Banque National de Paris (c) Adidas Paris (d) Richie inte d’ Paris
27. Which Indian city is known as the Manchester of South?
(a) Kochi (b) Coimbatore (c) Lonavala (d) Chennai
28. The Tatas take over charge of the Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. after acquiring______per cent stake in the telecom major for Rs 1439 crore:
(a) 46(b) 75(c) 25(d) 26
29. Which of the following State do not fall among the Cauvery Basin State?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Karnataka (c) Kerala (d) Maharashtra
30. The management control of Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd will be given to which of the following company?
(a) The Tatas (b) The Reliance Petroleum Ltd (c) The IOC (d) The Chatterjee Soros Group
31. India’s first ethanol blended fuel project was launched in:
(a) Pune (b) Miraj (c) Nasik (d) Bareilly
32. Which country is the largest importer of Indian marine products?
(a) Thailand (b) Indonesia (c) Russia (d) Japan
33. “Started a family, son attends University, loved ones falls ill, birth of a grand daughter” is the baseline used by____company:
(a) Life Insurance Corporation (b) General Insurance Corporation (c) Allianz Bajaj Life Insurance Corporation (d) Standard Chart Life Insurance Corporation
34. Name the first Indian woman to graduate from Harvard University:
(a) Dr Indira Nath (b) Naina Lal Kidwai (c) Parmeshwar Godrej (d) Sarojini Naidu
35. Asia week, the Hong Kong-based weekly which closed down was owned by:
(a) AOL Time Warner (b) Indiatimes.com (c) Express Group(d) None of the above
36. In which advertisement do you find ’software that powers the Internet’:
(a) Wipro (b) Oracle (c) Infosys (d) Sun Microsystems
37. Name the biggest tenant of New York World Trade Centre at the time of the 2001, September 11th attack:
(a) IMF (b) Morgan Stanley (c) IBRD (d) NASDAQ
38. Name the first country to ban the import, sale and manufacture of chewing gum:
(a) Hong Kong (b) Singapore (c) Netherlands(d) Thailand
39. Who among the following has founded the Heal the World foundation?
(a) Pt Ravi Shankar (b) Bhimsen Joshi (c) Madonna (d) Michael Jackson
40. Name the company which has the world’s largest retail outlet:
(a) Walmart (b) Harrods (c) Woolworth Corp (d) Louis Phillipe
41. Name the first country to have an electronic Parliament:
(a) Singapore (b) Thailand (c) Japan (d) Hong Kong
42. Name the first Indian singer to earn royalty for records:
(a) Asha Bhonsle (b) Lata Mangeshkar (c) R.D. Burman (d) Nadeem Shravan
43. In 1952 Morris Motors and Austin Motors merged and were renamed as:
(a) British Motor Corporation (b) General Motors (c) Austin Morris Motors (d) British Morris Motors
44. Ashok Leyland is owned by_____group:
(a) Hinduja (b) Ambani (c) Godrej (d) Tata
45. Name India’s first Euro 11 complete car:
(a) Matiz (b) Santro (c) Ambassador (d) Indica
46. ‘The man of substance’ is the promotional logo of which suiting shirting?
(a) Raymond (b) Graviera (c) Van Huesan (d) Louise Phillipe
47. Mohan Bagan football tournament is promoted by:
(a) Shaw Wallace (b) Mohan Meakens (c) McDowell (d) Seamars
48. ‘Bite the Bullet’ is a book written by:
(a) Ajit Haksar (b) K.R. Narayanan (c) Mukesh Ambani (d) both (a) and (c)
49. ‘Give Earth a Chance’ is the caption launched for:
(a) World Population Day 2002 (b) World Environment Day 2002 (c) World Environment Day 2001 (d) World Habitat Day 2002
50. ‘Ethics for the New Millennium’ is a book written by:
(a) Dalai Lama (b) Tiger Woods (c) Hillary Clinton (d) Andrew Miller
1. (b) 2. (c) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (b)
6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (c) 10. (a)
11.(d) 12. (a) 13. (c) 14. (a) 15. (b)
16. (d) 17. (c) 18. (d) 19. (b) 20. (c)
21. (b) 22. (a) 23. (a) 24. (b) 25. (c)
26. (b) 27. (b) 28. (c) 29. (d) 30. (d)
31. (b) 32. (d) 33. (c) 34. (b) 35. (a)
36. (b) 37. (b) 38. (b) 39. (d) 40. (a)
41. (a) 42. (b) 43. (a) 44. (a) 45. (d)
46. (b) 47. (c) 48. (a) 49. (b) 50. (a)