Microsoft has updated its unified workplace collaboration platform called Teams with latest version which allows users to pick background effects as like the video conferencing Zoom app. Building on context blur, this app uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to blur the world behind it.
Eventually, the users will have the option to upload their own photos for use, the Microsoft said in a statement.
Zoom application provides support for custom backgrounds that are built into the program itself, static images and video loops that can be used as backgrounds for motion. Microsoft will carry out its ‘lift hand’ feature for video calls early, too. With this, users can warn others by clicking on a dedicated ‘lift hand’ icon that they have something to say.
How To Use Microsoft Teams custom backgrounds ?
1. To allow for custom background effects on Microsoft Teams, you must be in a Video Chat first.
2. You can see a few buttons in a toolbar below when you’re already in a continuous Video Call. It includes the hang-up click, click for text messages and more.
3. Tap the triple-dot button
4. Now you can see a pile of options pop up above the counter.
5. Look up and press the ‘View context effects’ button.
6. Pick the right impact and you’re good to go.
The functionality is still new to teams and in future updates, a lot more choices will come up. Zoom also provides custom context support that is integrated into the software itself. Those involve static images and video loops which can be used as backgrounds for motion.
Microsoft will carry out its ‘lift hand’ feature for video calls early, too. For this, users will warn others by clicking on a dedicated ‘lift hand’ icon that they have something to say.