SSC Recruitment Vacancies for CGL 2017, Apply Online – Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the organization responsible for Job recruitment against vacancies of staff for Government of India in various department like Income Tax, Customs, Excise, CAG, Sub Inspectors, MES, Junior Engineers etc through Combined Graduate Level (CGL) . They also recruit candidates in non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
SSC posts vacancies for recruitment of staff in various categories each year for different departments under Government of India. Staff Selection commission has responsibility of finding the vacancies in each of the department, collection details, releasing notification against each of these vacancies annually. This year also SSC has released the notification for recruitment of staff in various department as per the list attached.
This year many of the changes are marked in the recruitment vacancies of SSC. They are mainly :
1. Both Tier I and tier II exam will conducted under Online Mode 2. Duration of SSC CGL Tier I exam can be reduced from 75 minutes to a mere 60 minutes. 3. Introduction of descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode. 4. Reduce the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes. 5. There is no sectional Cutoff in the Exam. 6. Age of the candidates will now be calculated as on 1st August this year instead of 1st January of the examination year
1. Both Tier I and tier II exam will conducted under Online Mode
2. Duration of SSC CGL Tier I exam can be reduced from 75 minutes to a mere 60 minutes.
3. Introduction of descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
4. Reduce the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
5. There is no sectional Cutoff in the Exam.
6. Age of the candidates will now be calculated as on 1st August this year instead of 1st January of the examination year
Beside this there are changes introduced for Assistant Section Officer (Ministry of External Affairs), they are :
- Computer Proficiency Test has been prescribed as an Essential Qualification
- Now Staff Selection Commission will hold Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for- Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides for applicants.
The existing time pattern of the exam are now changed from 75 minutes earlier to one hours only. Big relief to the candidates as the sectional cutoff is no more. This is good for candidates from the Hindi areas like Bihar, UP, Madhya Pradesh to crack the exam as the requirement of sectional cutoff is abolished.
Staff Selection commission (SSC) conducts recruitment vacancies in following departments for CGL 2017 :
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Post Details :
SSC CGL 2017 Pay Scale Post wise
|Post Name||Placement||Age Limit||Pay Scale|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service||20-30 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||Central Vigilance Commission||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||Intelligence Bureau||21-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||Ministry of Railways||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||Ministry of External Affairs||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||AFHQ||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||Miscellaneous Ministries||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant||Miscellaneous Departments||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||CBEC||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBEC||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4600|
|Sub- Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||20-30 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
|Inspector of Posts||Department of Post||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
|Divisional Accountant||Offices under CAG||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
|Statistical Investigator Gr.II||M/o Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||18-27 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigative Agency (NIA)||Up to 30 years||Grade Pay of Rs. 4200|
Compare the In Hand Salary As per the Grade Pay
|Posts||Grade pay||In Hand Salary|
Inspector Examiner (CBEC)
Inspector Preventive (CBEC)
Inspector (Excise Dept.)
Inspector in Income Tax
Sub Inspector (CBI)
Inspector of Any Post (Department)
Inspector (Narcotics Dept.)
Sub Inspector (NIA) Investigation
Assistant in External Affairs (Ministry
Assistant in Railway (Ministry)
Assistant in IB (Investigation)
Assistant in (Secretarial Services)
Division Accountant (CAG)
C and GA Auditor
Junior Accountant CGA
CBDT Tax Assistant
UDC (Central Dept.)
CBEC Tax Assistant
Sub Inspector in (Narcotics)
|Name of Post||Academic Qualifications|
|Assistant Audit Officer||a) Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Instituteb) Desirable Qualifications :
Post of Assistant Audit Officer: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level: OR Bachelor’s Degree|
|Compiler||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.|
|SSC 2017 – All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent|
Click To Read : Which Post To Choose for SSC 2017 ?
SSC CGL Vacancy 2017
This time vacancies in Income Department, Enforcement department will at maximum. Previous year the total number of vacancies were mere 4500 to 5000 but later revised to 9000. This year also the number of vacancies are not expected much. It is expected that number of vacancies for CGL 2017 will be 10,000+.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for the SSC CGL 2017
|Application form will be available from||11th March 2017|
|Last date for registration||15th April 2017|
|Admit card will be available for SSC CGL Tier-1||From May 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||19th June to 2nd July 2017|
|Result declaration for Tier-1||August 2017|
|Admit card will be available for SSC CGL Tier-2||August 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||5th to 8th September 2017|
|Result declaration for CGL Tier-2||October 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||12th November 2017|
|Interview/Skill Test/Computer Skill Test||December 2017|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Revised Exam pattern for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) of Staff Selection Commission (SSC) :
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mod|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Major Changes in SSC CGL 2017 are :
• SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted under online mode.
• New descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Time limit reduced from Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
• No change in Tier II.
• No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2017
Syllabus of SSC CGL are :
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
SSC CGL Tier I is an objective mode multiple choice exam. There are 4 sections with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||75 minutes|
Important To Remember:
• Negative marking, penalty of 0.5 marks for each wrong Answer
• The exam duration is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks.
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
Important To Remember
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• Negative marking, a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• Computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis either in Hindi or English.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10+2 level.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017 :
|Required Age Limit||SSC CGL Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer
Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years1||Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications for different posts are
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Online Application
The online application for SSC CGL 2017 exam will start soon. Candidates may visit : www.ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
Once SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card made available to download by SSC, Candidates may download it from the link provided.
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) results for Tier I will be published within 15 days of recruitment exam.
SSC CGL Cut off
The cutoff for various Tier of Exam for SSC CGL 2016 were :
CGL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-off:
|Cut off Marks||137||125.5||114||103||97||68||20||92||—|
SSC CGL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-off:
|Cut off Marks||102.25||89.5||80.25||74.25||69||50||20||67.75||—|
SSC CGL Answer Key 2017
The official answer key to the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam will be updated just after the exam at this blog. Kindly visit for updates.