UPSC APFC EPFO Answer Key,Cutoff Discussion
UPSC APFC EPFO Answer Key,Cutoff Discussion – Union Public Service Commission has conducted the written exam for recruitment of Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner (APFC) with Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), a statutory body under Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India. Exam was held for General Aptitude test for 100 marks.
Although the question asked in the exam was not very tough but tricky. Question were asked on typical UPSC pattern which confused the candidates a lot. It is believed that the cutoff would be similar to previous year as the level of exam was almost same.
The Cutoff for the various categories for APFC 2016 will be expected to be like below. If candidates are scoring near to this marks may prepare for Interview.
Expected Cutoff APFC 2016 :
UR : 72+
OBC : 68+
Answer Key for APFC 2016 will be uploaded soon by UPSC at their site upsc.gov.in. Meanwhile candidates may share their exam experiences here also.
JOB Profile APFC (Assistant Provident Commissioner) :
What is EPFO? : EPFO is a statutory body under Central Board of Trustees (Central Board), Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India. Parliament of India enacted Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act (EPF & MP Act) in 1952 for fulfilling the constitutional commitments envisaged under the Directive Principles of State Policy in the Constitution of Independent India.They are involve in
- It is the regulatory body for ensuring proper compliance of the exempted PF trusts maintained by private establishments.
- It is also the Nodal agency for implementing Social Security Agreements with foreign countries.
Overview of APFC Service:
- Provident Fund Commissioners (PF Commissioners) is a Group A service in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
- Provident Fund Commissioners are the statutory authorities created by the statute itself. Till 1988, PF Commissioners upto Central PF Commissioner (CPFC) were appointed by Central Government (Mostly IAS, IRS on deputation).
- In the year 1988, EPF & MP Act was amended and except for the post of CPFC & Financial Adviser, Central Board was delegated the power to appoint PF Commissioners through UPSC.
- In the later years especially from 1994, graduation degree was made the educational qualification criteria.
- As on 1.8.2015, sanctioned strength of Group A Officers in the cadre of PF Commissioners is 852.
Recruitment In EPFO
There are two modes of recruitment to the cadre of Provident Fund Commissioners in EPFO
- Direct Recruitment of Assistant PF Commissioners through UPSC by All India Level open competitive written exam followed by interview by the UPSC Interview Board (50%).
- Through promotions of Group B Enforcement Officers / Account Officers from within the department.