JEE Results 2014 – Joint Entrance Exam Results are declared for 2014. Successful candidates to take the JEE Advance exam for which registration will be start from May,9. As like previous year this time also Andhra Boy topped the JEE Paper I exam scoring 355 marks out of 360.
The cut-off for the entrance test to the Indian Institutes of Technology are :
115 for general category candidates as compared to 113 last year.
For OBC candidates, it stands at 74, compared to 70 in 2013,
53 for scheduled caste students and
47 for scheduled tribe candidates.
Scores were relaxed by 38.5% for OBC candidates and by 60.18% for scheduled tribes.
A total of 13.57 lakh students registered for JEE (Main) this year across the country.
There are approx 15,500 seats are on offer in 30 NITs, 850 seats in five IIITs and another 15,000 seats in other private engineering college. The rank scored in the JEE (Main) is valid for two years.
Previous year, to figure in the top-20 percentile list, the cut-off was the highest for Andhra Pradesh— 91.8%, followed by Tamil Nadu at 90.9% and Kerala at 85.2%.
* Candidates in the top 1.5 lakh rank list can take the JEE (Advanced) on May 25. Admission to the 13 IITs and ISM Dhanbad will be based on JEE (Advanced) scores
* Registrations for JEE (Advanced) will end on May 9. Candidates declared eligible will have to again register for the exam through the official website http://jeeadv.iitkgp.ac.in
* At the time of registration, candidates have to submit scanned copies of date of birth, Class X certificate, signature in JPEG format, passport-size photograph in JPEG format, choice of language for question paper, choice of examination city/ town, category/ sub-category certificate if applicable, year of first attempt in JEE (Advanced) if applicable
For Non-IIT Admission
* Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Odisha will admit students to their engineering colleges, private, aided and government-run, on the basis of the JEE (Main) results. Gujarat, Haryana and Uttarakhand adopted the JEE (Main) last year, West Bengal is slated to do so from 2015-16 –reported by TOI
* CBSE will publish a national merit list and state-specific merit lists
Check Score and Result of JEE Main : Click Here