How To Register for JEE Advance 2013 Exam for eligibility in IIT’s Admission ? Now the admission to engineering colleges including IIT, NIIT etc are made through JEE conducted by CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education).
Now the JEE Exam has two phase i.e. Mains and Advance. Mains exam for JEE is conducted by CBSE where as the Advance exam for JEE is conducted by IIT.
The following procedure will be used for selecting the 1,50,000 candidates who will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced)- 2013 based on their performance in JEE (Main) -2013.
The IIT Body has decided that :
1. From this year onwards, admission to the undergraduate programmes at all IITs and ISM, Dhanbad, will be through the JEE Advanced- 2013.
2. The eligibility of the student to appear in JEE Advanced – 2013 will be decided by the candidates score in the JEE Mains – 2013.
50.5% of the 1,50,000 (75,750 candidates) will be taken from the top rankers of the Common Merit List (CML) of JEE (Main).
27% (40,500), 15% (22,500) and 7.5% (11,250) candidates will be taken from the top rankers of the category rank lists of OBC-NCL, SC and ST, respectively.
The candidates figuring in the category rank lists will be those who do not figure in the 75,750 candidates chosen from the CML.
3% of the candidates selected within each category will be those belonging to PwD (Persons with Disability) sub-category, who figure in the respective rank lists of JEE (Main).
Only the candidate’s aggregate marks in JEE (Main) will be considered and no tie-break mechanism will be implemented at this stage. This will make the list of candidates eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 slightly more than 1,50,000 due to bunching of candidates with the same aggregate marks at the bottom of each category.
3. A minimum cutoff will be kept to screen out the candidates for JEE Advance.
4. Top 15,0000 candidates (including all categories) who qualify in Paper – I of JEE Mains-2013 will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced – 2013.
5. Out of these 150000 top students total of 10,000 are selected for IIT admission based on JEE Advance Test.
Registration for JEE Advance :
1. To appear in JEE Advanced – 2013, all eligible candidates shouldregister online at http://jeeadvonline.iitd.ac.in or jeeadv.iitd.ac.induring 8 May to 13 May, 2013.
2. Pay the fees Offline through SBI Challan which was generated through Challan Online on or before May 13 May. The examination application fee for GE and OBC male candidates is Rs. 1,800. The fee for SC, ST and physically disabled male candidates is Rs 900.
There is no application fee for female candidates of all categories. Registration will be considered complete only after the payment of this fee.
JEE Mains Results Guidelines :
1. Name of All the First 1,50,000 candidates will be declared by JEE
2. The ratio of JEE Mains Score and Class XII score will be in 60:40
3. Weightage of 60% will be given on JEE Mains and rest 40% on Score of Class XIIth
4. There is also criteria which are fixed in case of tie up. Candidates whose score are tied up the subjects score are considered for ranking based on preferences like Math, Physics,Number of negative Score etc.