How To Prepare SBI PO Exam ?
How To Prepare for SBI PO exam ? India’s Largest bank State Bank of India (SBI) is holding an All India Exam for Recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO). There are around 1500 vacancies available for bank.
The exam syllabus and pattern of question paper for SBI PO are generally different than other Banking exam like IBPS.The level of toughness of paper is also higher than other Banking Exam.
Selection Process of SBI Po consist of Two Phase i.e.
a ) Phase I : Written Examination (250 marks) consisting of Objective Tests and Descriptive Test.
(i) Objective Tests (200 marks): The Objective Tests with 2 hour duration will consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each as follows:
(a) Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
(b) Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
(c) Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
(d) Test of Reasoning (High Level)
The candidates are required to qualify in the Objective Tests by securing passing marks, in each of the tests, to be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level for each category.
(ii) Descriptive Test (50 marks): The Descriptive Test with 1 hour duration will be of “Test of English Language (comprehension, short précis, letter writing & essay)”. The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests as stated above in (i).
(b) Phase-II: Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to 3 times the number of vacancies in each category, will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
(c) Final Selection: The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-I and Phase-II separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks maximum) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks maximum) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion & Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
How To Prepare for SBI PO ?
1. Preparation for State Bank of India (SBI) Probationary Officers (PO) exam should be done in phased manner. Before appearing in the exam give good amount of time on reading the syllabus and pattern of exam.
2. Don’t try to hesitate with English paper. I have heard from many of the candidates that English paper is tough for SBI PO. I don’t agree with them. Try to practice more and more with practice set.
3. Try to prepare with minimum number of books. More books will confuse your concept.
4. Practice is king. Make a SET of SBI PO previous year question paper once in a week till your exam. This will give you confidence and analyze to find your mistake.
For Previous Year Question Paper of SBI PO :
5. Every exam have had their plus and negative point. If you appear in the exam after keeping in your mind that you would solve all question than at the end you will be looser. Every exam question paper are set with different level of difficulties. Manage your time effectively. Try to solve easy one quickly and leave the lengthy one.
6. Test of general awareness and Marketing are from Banking and Financial field. Try to solve previous 10 years question of all the banks. This section covered repeated question also.
Books for SBI PO
There are number of books available but all are not good enough. Some of the books which can be used are :
SBI Previous Year Paper From Kiran Publication : Buy It Here at Discount
Marketing Aptitude : Buy Here@flipkart
General Awareness : Buy Here
SBI PO 1500 PO Recruitment Notifications : Click Here