IB Recruitment and Syllabus, Intelligence Bureau (IB) is the Government body which function under the Ministry Of Home Affairs (MHA). IB has published the notification for recruitment of number of Assistants and Executives or ACIO for which there will be a Written test.
ACIO Exam 2013 : Click Here For Notifications
After the written test candidates are called for Interview and final selection depends on the marks of Written Test with Interviews.
Pattern of Intelligence Bureau (IB) ACIO Written test
The Written Test of IB consist of two parts :
1. Objective Written test with multiple Answers called Paper I : This Paper consist of General topics like Current Affairs, GS, English, Maths or Quant, Reasoning.
2. The Descriptive or Subjective Called Paper II, basically to test the English Language knowledge of candidates with topics such as Essay, Precise writing, grammar etc.
There is also time limit to complete both the paper I and paper II within One Hour and Forty Minutes.
Study Plan and Preparation of IB Exam
Intelligence Bureau (IB) exam has the same pattern like other SSC exam. Level of question are also as like SSC exam. A steady reading and practice for Both paper will be helpful. I suggest the candidates to follow certain do’s and don’t for this Exam.
1. This exam has Negative Marking, although this is good for such candidates who are seriously preparing hard for the exam. There is no place for guessing.
2. They ask direct question so don’t go to the depth of the question. It will consume your time
3. Straight forward question asked in the exam like Delhi Commonwealth games was held in the Year ?
1. Never guess in the exam, There is negative marking
2. More than 5 lacs candidates appear in the exam, so competition is very tough. Believe in good concept and straight forward approach
Pattern of Question paper of Previous 10 years
IB Exam For ACIO have almost steady pattern. There are not much changes in the syllabus and pattern of exam in last 10 years.
English paper Pattern
Passage and comprehension, Sentence correction, Sentence arrangement, Reading , synonym, antonym etc. Try to read it from the good books and practice as much as you can. A good score in this paper can boost your ranking.
Prepare the English from the various books like English from Spectrum Publication Easy English or Compulsory English For Civil And Judicial Services by A P Bardwaj
Read English news paper daily.If you don’t like even also read it and write the difficult word of each day in diary. Maker it a practice and you will be successful. Practice as much as passage you can.
Math & Reasoning
For Aptitude and reasoning question are asked in the similar way as like the bank, IBPS or SSC exam. Practice for various question bank of IBPS as much as you can. practice is the only pattern for success of IB ACIO exam.
There are certain good books available in the Market for practicing the ACIO Reasoning and maths paper…Certain Books Are
General Awareness and GS
This is the most scoring paper of IB ACIO exam. General Knowledge paper has the typical straight question and mussing is the only solution. Question are asked in various topics like Indian polity, Current affairs, History, Geography.