IBPS Common Written exam for IT Officers exam will be having one paper of professional knowledge. Here are some of the expected question which may ask in the exam for the recruitment of IT officers.
1. All of the following are examples of storage devices EXCEPT:
A. hard disk drives.
C. floppy disk drives.
D. CD drives.
2. which of the following is responsible for processing data in computer ?
D. central processing unit (CPU)
3. The CPU and memory are located on the:
A. expansion board.
C. storage device.
D. output device.
4. Word processing, spreadsheet, and photo-editing are examples of:
A. application software.
B. system software.
C. operating system software.
D. platform software.
5. ____________ is a set of computer programs used on a computer to help perform tasks.
A. An instruction
D. A processor
6. System software is the set of programs that enables your computerâ€™s hardware devices and ____________ software to work together.
7. The PC (personal computer) and the Apple Macintosh are examples of two different:
D. storage devices.
8. Apple Macintoshes (Macs) and PCs use different ____________ to process data and different operating systems.
D. storage devices
9. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a:
10. Smaller and less expensive PC-based servers are replacing ____________ in many businesses.
11. ____________ are specially designed computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly.
12. DSL is an example of a(n) ____________ connection.
13. The difference between people with access to computers and the Internet and those without this access is known as the:
A. digital divide.
B. Internet divide.
C. Web divide.
D. broadband divide.
14. ____________ is the science revolving around the use of nanostructures to build devices on an extremely small scale.
C. Computer forensics
D. Artificial intelligence
15. Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
A. Process Ã Output Ã Input Ã Storage
B. Input Ã OutputÃ Process Ã Storage
C. Process Ã Storage Ã Input Ã Output
D. Input Ã Process Ã Output Ã Storage
16. ____________ bits equal one byte.
C. One thousand
D. One million
17. The binary language consists of ____________ digit(s).
18. A byte can hold one ____________ of data.
B. binary digit
19. ____________ controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a means by which users can interact with the computer.
A. The platform
B. The operating system
C. Application software
D. The motherboard
20. The operating system is the most common type of ____________ software.
D. word-processing software
21. ____________ are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat.
B. Embedded computers
C. Robotic computers
22. The steps and tasks needed to process data, such as responses to questions or clicking an icon, are called:
B. the operating system.
C. application software.
D. the system unit.
23. The two broad categories of software are:
A. word processing and spreadsheet.
B. transaction and application.
C. Windows and Mac OS.
D. system and application.
24. The metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer is the:
A. system unit.