How To File RTI Application ? Step By Step Procedure !
How To File RTI Application ? – First of all know “What is RTI (Right To Information)“? RTI – It is an Act passed by the Indian Parliament in year 2005 under which any Indian Citizen has got right to obtain information from any public authority /Organisation about their functioning, administration, Recruitment etc.
Any Individual can get any information like recruitment process, results or about admission procedure through RTI. There is a formal way to get information through RTI. Here is the step by step systematic procedure to file RTI application correctly to get Information :
1. First you need to get the Information about the concerned public authority who is known as PIO (Public Information Officer ), every organization has a PIO and their address can be found on their website.If you do not get details of PIO at their website or PORTAL just visit the nearest office of the relevant organization or public authority and get the address of PIO.
2. Write an application starting with “Request for Information under Right To Information (RTI) Act, 2005” . Mention your query pointwise.
3. There is a nominal fees of Rs 10 for filing RTI which can be through Postal Order/ CRF or by Bank Draft. It should be in favor of Accounts Officer of particular organization. For example, if RTI for SBI Bank, it should be Accounts Officer, SBI payable at location of concerned department of PIO.
4. You may send it by any mean like post, speed post etc. but not by courier.
5. You must sign the application form.
6. Finally Acknowledgement: All RTI applications have to be answered in 30 days by respected PIO or Organization.One need to preserve the application number and date of filing or photocopies for future reference.
For More Information Visit RTI at following Links : Here