Common Written exam (CWE) is conducted by IBPS for recruitment of Banking professional as an Officers in Entry level position i.e. PO or Probationary A.M. or MT. Due to heavy retirement due in 2012 all the public sectors banks are in hurry to get recruitment done at fast pace. Under this system IBPS will conduct the exam and provide ranking such candidates who appeared for exam and clear the cut-off. Based on their ranking each individual bank will call the candidates for Interview process. This process is very similar to CAT or MAT exam.
This new pattern will help many of such candidates who were at the edge of final position ranking in Individual bank recruitment. Anyway It’s easy to get rank under CWE if prepared systematically….Here is the certain tips which help me to clear the PO exam of One of the leading Public Sector Bank.
1. Check your strength , I mean which is your strong area….like in my case I was well prepared in Quant and GS. Similar way find out your strength.
2. I suggest to Always try to do the General awareness at very last stage in exam…It’s because in GS either you know the question or won’t , it will much less time to score or leave it.
3. Sometime it has been seen that many of candidates waste much of their time in particular question. This is entirely wrong approach, you will not get medal to top in exam, ultimate goal is to clear the cut-off. So, never waste your time in any particular question.
4. Always try to solve the 50% correct question in each section. If you have done this you are in safe zone.
5. You may make your schedule as I did during my exam….: First 25 Minutes for Quant, Another 30 Minutes for Reasoning , 25 Minutes for English and another 10-15 Minutes for GS at last. Any banking exam schedule to two hours or 2-15 Minutes. You will get another 30-40 Minutes left at last to coverup each section and you may utilize it to score high. If you plan your timing try to solve the question in ratio like :
Quantitative Aptitude : 25-30 Out of 40 ;
Reasoning : 45-50 Out of 75
English : 25-30 Out of 50
General Awareness : 15-20 out of 50
Strict to your timing , I mean if you have decided that You will have to solve 25 question in 25 Minutes, be punctual leave it within 25 Minutes and move to another section.
In reasoning section sometimes candidates think that If they solve the logical question it will be easy for them to score another 5-6 question because they are of same patterns. My friends the personal who made the question paper also know this. If you are able to solve it withing less time, it’s okay otherwise wasting time on this is not advisable.
Try to solve as many as sample papers or previous years paper will work as antibody to bank PO exam. Banking exam paper pattern are almost same for all exam. After practicing lot of sample papers will naturally help you in solving many of problem.
I know If you follow these guidelines You will be another bank officer sitting next to me in Public Sector Bank…..GOOD LUCK
About Author : Write of this article is working as an Assistant Manager with Leading Public Sector Bank. He wrote for sorapedia.com expert panel
On every Sunday.Follow his tips at sorapedia.com