IES 2011 How To Apply Online ?
HOW TO APPLY For IES-2011 Through Online or Off Line Mode
(a) Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website http:// www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
However candidates residing in certain remote areas specified in Para 6 of this Notice, may also apply through offline mode, by using the common Application Form being used for examinations conducted by the Commission.
This form can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/ Post Offices (specified in Appendix-III of the Notice) throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty only). Each such Form can be used only once and only for one examination.
In case of any difficulty in obtaining Application Forms from the designated HPOs/ POs the candidates should immediately contact the concerned Post Master or UPSC’s ‘‘FORMS SUPPLY MONITORING CELL’’ over Telephone No. 011-23389366/Fax No. 011-23387310.
It may be noted that all offline applications, if any, received from candidates residing in normal areas/abroad, shall be summarily rejected by the Commission. The option of offline application is available only to candidates residing in specified remote areas.
(b) Candidates are advised to read carefully the Instructions for filling up the Online Application Form given in Appendix-II
(A) and Instructions for Offline Applications given in Appendix-II (B) of this Notice.
3. LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :
(A) Online (From all candidates) The Online Applicatios can be filled upto 7th February, 2011 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
(B) Offline (From candidates residing in specified remote areas only) All Offline Applications from candidates residing in remote areas only, specified in para 6 of this Notice must reach the “Controller of Examinations,
Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House,
Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069
by Post/Speed Post only by 14th February, 2011.
Candidates should note that no application will be received by Hand or by Courier.
4. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS (in Objective Type Papers) : Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
5. FACILITATION COUNTER AND WEBSITE FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES : In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc., candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone Nos.011-23385271/011-23381125/011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
6. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS : Candidates are advised to read carefully the Instructions/Guidelines for filling up the Application Form (Appendix II) and “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests and Objective Type Tests” (Appendix IV Part A and Part B).
7. MOBILE PHONES NOT PERMITTED :
(a) Mobiles phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candiates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
8. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.