- The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) was formed in 1956, which coincided with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh on November 1, 1956.
- Earlier it was known as the Andhra Service Commission (formed in 1953, based on the regulations of Madras Public Service Commission). Later in 1956, APPSC was formed by merging the Andhra and Hyderabad Public Service Commission. At present, the six member APPSC is headed by the Chairman, Dr. Y. Venkatrami Reddy.
- The major functions of the APPSC are as follows:
- Recruitment to services & posts under the State through competitive examinations
- Recruitment to services & posts under the State Government by selection through Interviews
- Advising on the suitability of officers for appointment on promotion as well as transfer-on-deputation
- Advising the Government on all matters relating to methods of Recruitment to various services and posts
- Disciplinary cases relating to different civil services
- Miscellaneous matters relating to grant of extra ordinary pensions, reimbursement of legal expenses etc.
- Conduct of Departmental Tests in May and November
- Conduct entrance examination for admission of boys to the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun in February and August
- Conduct Half yearly examinations for the All India Services Officers in September and March
- Overseeing temporary appointments in Government Departments
- Advise the departments to replace the temporary appointments by making regular appointments through the Commission
Check For Details : Here
[iframe http://www.apspsc.gov.in 600 400]