National Defence Academy Examination (II) – NDA Application Form 2010
(a) The UPSC have developed an application form common for all their examinations which can be processed on computerised machines. This application form alongwith an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the application will be obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country as listed in Appendix-III of Notice against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty only).
NDA Exam 2010 Form should be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This form can be used only once and for only one examination. Candidates who wish to apply offline must use the form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy/reproduction/unauthorisedly printed copy of the Form. Since this form is electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the application form, correctly.
While filling up the NDA application form, please refer to detailed instructions given in Appendix-II(A) of this Notice.
The candidates should also fill up in the relevant places of the Acknowledgement Card, their Application Form Number (8-digit) and the name of the examination. The applicants are required to affix the postage stamp of Rs. Six on the Acknowledgement Card and send the same along with application form to UPSC. If an applicant fails to affix the postage stamp of requisite amount his acknowledgement card will not be dispatched and Commission will not be responsible for non-receipt of acknowledgement cards by the applicant. The duly filled in application form and the acknowledgement card should then be mailed in the special envelope supplied with the Information Brochure.
The candidate should also write the name of examination viz. “National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination-(II), 2010” on the envelope before despatching it to “Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069”. Candidates should mention their Tele/Fax Nos.
(b) Candidates can also apply online using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in/. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
(C) All candidates whether already in Govt. service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or private employment should submit their application direct to the Commission.
If any candidate forwards his application through his employer and it reaches the Union Public Service Commission late, the application, even if submitted to the employer before the closing date, will not be considered.
Persons already in Government service whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for this Examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Candidates serving in the Armed Forces must submit their application through their Commanding Officer who will forward it to the Commission indicating in the forwarding letter the name of the applicant and his application form number (8 digit).
The applications of Sailors (including boys and artificers apprentices) of the Indian Navy will be entertained only if these have been duly recommended by their Commanding Officer.
Cadets of Rastriya Indian Military College (previously known as Sainik School, Dehra Dun), Students of Military Schools (formerly known as King Geroge’s Schools) and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society should submit their applications through Principal of College/School concerned who will forward it to the Commission indicating in the forwarding letter the name of the applicant and his application form Number (8 digit).
The forwarding letter should not be tagged or pinned with the application form.
The categories of candidates mentioned above who cannot apply to the Commission direct must apply through Common Application Form only and not online.
Note 1 :
While Filling in THE application Form, The Candidate Should Carefully Decide About his Choice for the Centre for the Examination. More than one application from a Candidate giving Different Centres will not be accepted in any case. Even if a Candidate Sends more than one completed Application, The Commission will accept only one application at their Discretion and the Commission’s Decision in the Matter shall be Final.
If any Candidate appears at a centre other than the one Indicated by the commission in his Admission Certificate, the Papers of such a Candidate will not be Valued and his candidature will be Liable to cancellation.
Note 2 :
NDA 2010 Applications not accompanied by the Prescribed fee (Unless Remission of Fee is claimed as in para 4 above) or incomplete or Defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No Representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, Educational qualifications, scheduled caste/scheduled tribe/other backward classes and fee Remission etc.
They Should therefore, Ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility Conditions for Admission to the Examination.
Their Admission to the Examination will also Therefore be purely provisional. If on verification at any later Date it is found that they do not fulfill All eligibility conditions, their candidature will be cancelled.
The result of the written part of the examination is likely to be Declared in the Month of NOVEMBER 2010.
All Candidates called for interview must carry their original Matriculation Certificate or equivalent examination certificate to the services selection board (SSB). Originals will have to be produced by the candidates who qualify at the SSB Interview soon After the interview.
The originals will be returned after verification. Those candidates who have already passed 10+2 Examination must carry their Original 10+2 pass certificate or Marks sheet for the SSB iNTERVIEW. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect they may Render themselves liable to Disciplinary action by the commission in terms of the following provisions :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of:
- obtaining support for his candidature by any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or ducuments which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his candidature for the examination, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing irrelevant matter, including obscene ‘language or pornographic matter, in the script (s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- being in possession of or using cellular/mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination.
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses,may in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution be liable.
- to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he is a candidate and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- if he is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :–
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him into consideration.