National Defence Academy Entrance Exam (II) – NDA 2 2010 Exam Date
NDA & NA (II) 2010 Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 22nd August 2010, for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 126th Course and Naval Academy for the 88th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 30th June 2011. The candidates joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B Tech Course and would also be given an opportunity to join Technical Branch of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies. The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be 335 (195 for the Army, 39 for Navy, 66 for the Air Force and 35 for the Executive Branch of Naval Academy).
The approximate number of NDA vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be 335 (195 for the Army, 39 for Navy, 66 for the Air Force and 35 for the Executive Branch of Naval Academy).
NDA Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy.
- A candidate is required to specify clearly in col. 17(I) of the Application Form the Services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference.
- He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
- Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no other service(s). No request for addition/alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his application will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Before indicating their preferences for different courses, the candidates should first decide their preference for the two Academies viz. National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (Executive Branch).If a candidate opts for National Defence Academy as his first choice, he must first indicate his preferences for different wings of National Defence Academy viz Army, Navy and Air Force followed by his preferences for Naval Academy (Executive Branch). Alternatively, if a candidate opts for Naval Academy (Executive Branch) as his first choice, he must first indicate his preference for Naval Academy (Executive Branch) as his first choice, followed by his preference for different wings of National Defence Academy.
Thus candidates opting for Naval Academy (Executive Branch) Course as well as other courses of National Defence Academy must give Naval Academy (Executive Branch) as their first preference or the last preference. Naval Academy (Executive Branch) cannot be given as 2nd or 3rd preference. Even if Naval Academy (Executive Branch) is given as 2nd or 3rd preference by the candidate, it will be deemed to be the last preference.
- Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the written examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
The NDA and NA (II) 2010 Examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
1. Candidates to ensure their Eligibility for the NDA II 2010 Examination:
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility condition for admission to examination.
Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for interview / Personality Test.
2. Application Form for NDA & NA (II) Exam 2010:
Candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examination, which can be purchased from the Designated Head Post Offices / Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty only).
Each such form can be used only once and only for one examination.
In case of any difficulty in obtaining Application Forms from the designated HPOs / POs, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post Master or UPSC’s “Forms Supply Monitoring Cell” over Telephone No. 011-23389366 / FAX No. 011-23387310.
Candidates are advised to read carefully the “Instructions for filling up the Application Form” given in Appendix-II of this notice.
3. Last Date for Receipt of NDA Application Form 2010:
All applications must reach either by hand or by Post / Speed Post or by Courier, on or before the 19th April 2010.
Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi – 110069
However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote localities specified in para 6 of this Notice the last date for receipt of application by Post / Speed Post only (not by Hand or by Courier) is26th April 2010.
4. Penalty for Wrong Answers:
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
5. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates:
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.