Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has conducted the BPSC Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type. Check here the Question Paper of SET – A of BPSC.
Check for Answer Key Cutoff Discussion for BPSC Prelims Exam Conducted on 12-02-2017 : Click Here
1. In which country is ‘Takla Makan’ desert situated?
2. Which strait connects Red Sea and Indian Ocean?
3. Where is ‘Ninety East Ridge’ situated?
(A) Pacific Ocean
(B) Indian Ocean
(C) Atlantic Ocean
(D) Arctic Ocean
4. Which of the following is not a capital city?
5. The highest coal-producing country in the world is
6. Folding is the result of
(A) epeirogenetic force
(8) Coriolis force
(C) orogenetic force
(D) exogenetic force
7. Amritsar and Shimla are almost on the same latitude, but their climate difference is due to
(A) the difference in their altitudes
(B) their distance from sea
(C) snowfall in Shimla
(D) pollution in Amritsar
8. Coal mines in Jharkhand are located at
9. Major source of oceanic salinity is
(D) ash from volcanoes
10. The large States of India in the order of area are
(A) Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
(B) Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra
(C) Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan
11. Bihar is the — largest State of India according to Census 2001.
12. The highest wheat-producing State of India is
(D) Uttar Pradesh
13. TISCO plant is located near
14. Which States in India are the largest producers of sugarcane?
(A) Bihar and Uttar Pradesh
(B) Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan
(C) Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir
(D) Punjab and Himachal Pradesh
15. Which of the following States has the largest number of people belonging to Scheduled Caste?
(B) West Bengal
(C) Uttar Pradesh
16. According to 2001 Census, what is the total population of Bihar?
17. The East Central Railway zone headquarters is located at
(C) M uzaffarpur
18. Where is Industries Commissioner Office of Bihar situated?
19. North Bihar is famous for
(A) agricultural prosperity
(B) heavy industries